Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Confession

It's embarrassing to admit this, but... too often, I find myself neglecting my eyes.

I just came back from running a DryEyeShop exhibit in San Diego at ASCRS (major international ophthalmology conference) where I spent four straight days talking to doctors and technicians about meibomian gland care, protective eyewear and so on.

And what was I doing with my own eyes all the while?

Definitely not practicing what I preach. I did almost nothing other than pop my sclerals in in the morning and pull them out at night. I barely even remembered to lubricate. As usual when I travel, I totally forgot to bring a rice baggy or tranquileyes goggle for my own use - and didn't particularly want to use any that had been handled all day by visitors to the exhibit. Not only that, but my sister and I drove to San Diego and back from Seattle. So my eyes were pretty much on their last legs by the time we got back. Nice to be back to my routine at last. They were so sore that last night I slopped Dwelle all over and put my goggle on. I woke up with my lashes so crusted over I had to soak my eyes with a washcloth, but it was worth it for the soothing feeling at the time.

No comments: