Tuesday, January 12, 2010

water, water everywhere

So here I am at 10pm once again pumping water out of my basement with a shop vac.

Just across the drive from the front of the house is a field that slopes gently down the hillside our farm is on. And whoever built the house apparently never heard of a French drain. Come to think of it, neither had I before we moved in here, but everyone who has visited unanimously agrees that we need one. - Last winter we only once had some seepage in the furnace room but this year has been more of an inundation... after three days of soaking rain I always know it's coming.

I think I foresee some digging projects this summer. Just what I need to get in better shape!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..I just completed the Toyos Dry Eye Workshop in Miami..there were several volunteers and the treatment offers immediate relief of Meibomian Gland Insipisation and should provide dramatic relief from chronic dry eyes..Benjamin Eye Care is in the western suburbs of Chicago, Illinois and ww will be offering Intense Pulsed Light Therapy for dry eye patients beginning next week...we will offer a no charge consultion..708-354-2008