Thursday, January 17, 2013

Top dry eye publishers

According to Citation analysis of the dry eye literature recently published in The Ocular Surface, the winners are...

KAZUO TSUBOTA (Keio University, Tokyo) has published the most studies on dry eye. We owe him a great deal - among other things for being instrumental in making autologous serum the treatment it is today.

HARVARD has been the home base of the most studies published on dry eye. And while I haven't actually tried to run the numbers myself, I would guess it's safe to assume a large proportion of that is David Sullivan's doing. Thank you!

INVESTIGATIVE OPHTHALMOLOGY AND VISUAL SCIENCE is the peer-reviewed journal that has published the most on dry eye. I knew I liked them for a reason - though it's the quality not the quantity that I've always admired.


Ocul Surf. 2013 Jan;11(1):35-46. doi: 10.1016/j.jtos.2012.08.004. Epub 2012 Aug 11. Nichols JJ.

No comments: