Thursday, November 12, 2009

Barleans chocolate-raspberry Omega 3 swirl... update.

I have never liked chocolate "flavored" things. I even remember when as a kid I got conned into trying so-called chocolate flavored fluoride at the dentist, which was utterly revolting. When it comes to chocolate, I want the real thing or nothing at all. Whoops... I forgot... the chocolate swirl actually does have real chocolate. But still! At the end of the day it's really just an attempt to cover up something you wouldn't otherwise like, right?

Well, yes, but as long as it does so successfully, I guess it's not a crime.

So I tried it, finally, last night.

Would you believe, it was actually pretty darned good. In color, it's just slightly lighter than Hershey's syrup, and in consistency, a tad thicker. In the mouth... The first single drop I was ambivalent about. I moved up to half a spoon. "He likes it! Hey Mikey!". I racked my brain trying to figure out what it reminded me of and I finally decided on a dark chocolate filled with raspberry cordial. Now, obviously, you're going to notice the difference between this and the real thing! But as a cover-up, I think this is a win.

Where does it rank? Well, for me personally, I'd say it ranks above Lemon Zest fish oil swirl and below Strawberry-Banana flaxseed oil swirl. I'm going to keep this one in the fridge as a "for variety's sake" product.

Almost forgot... here's a link for more details.

No comments: